Hello and welcome to DAObase, the home of Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs) and the Organizational Technologies (OrgTech) that power them. If you're new here, check out this introduction to OrgTech and subscribe using this link.
Most clicked: Tweet summary of Thibauld Favre's Coinfund talk, 2019 is the year of DAOs - Now we urgently need robust Consensus protocols for the People, What Types Of Organizations Should Be Autonomous?.
- Aragon Network Vote #2 starts today (April 25) at 4pm UTC. Check out the final details and this recap of the proposals being considered.
- The team behind Pando, Aragon's decentralized GitHub app, has applied to Aragon's Flock Program, to become a core team alongside Aragon One and Autark, and published a new website.
- That Planning Suite is now live on the Rinkeby testnet. This suite of apps extends Aragon's functionality, with project management integrated into GitHub, budgeting and allocation for more complex proposals, reward/dividend payments, and an on-chain address book for identifying Ethereum addresses.
- Last week's Coinfund talk was recorded and published. Check it out here.
- The biggest threat to Genesis. Matan Field (Founder) recounts a hurdle he faced in the "soft" off-chain governance of DAOstack's first DAO (Genesis). He argues that norms are the biggest threat to the scalability, and therefore success, of DAOs.
- Moloch community updates. A $10k bug bounty and new members/proposals.
- The State Of The DAOs: Another issue in the memetic "2019 is the Year of the DAO" series, this time with an in-depth overview of past, present, and upcoming DAOs. Touches on Bitcoin, Dash, "The DAO", Maker, Aragon, Digix, Moloch, DAOstack, Gnosis' dxDAO, and PolkaDAO.
- Aligning Incentives: Ezra Weller (DAOstack) explores how stakeholder theory can be applied to the question of decentralized governance, particularly Ethereum's developer funding debate.
- West Virginia Will Use Blockchain Voting in the 2020 Presidential Election. Why?: A discussion with West Virginia's elections director, evaluating their mid-term (and planned 2020) blockchain voting experiment with military and overseas voters.
- Accenture, Generali Streamline Employee Insurance Benefits With Blockchain Rollout: Their employee benefits solution uses smart contracts and automated reconciliation to distribute access to insurance data and reduce processing errors.
- 15-30 April - Ethereal Hackathon by Gitcoin and Microsoft (Global)
- 25-26 April - DAOcon (Croatia)
- 30 April - Governance and new organizational challenges (Brussels)
- 8 May - How to organize your community-driven initiative using a DAO (Netherlands)
- 10-11 May - Blockchain for Science steps 2019 (Barcelona)